The Database Manager, in short DBM, is the main administration and management tool for the DigaSystem workstation. You can view, pre-listen, sort, rename, label, categorize, and edit the data of entries stored in DigaSystem.
Key Features of the DBM
What you might want to know about DBM:
- Central database system for the management of audio takes and non-audio elements (stories, schedules, control information etc.)
- Takes organized by tables, type, class, full name, department, status and numerous other criteria
- Extensive search functions: pre-defined, user-definable, full-text search with filters, multi-table search
- Integrated playback and recording function
- All DigaSystem® modules like SingleTrack Editor, EasyTrack Editor, MultiTrack Editor, Replicator (automatic transfer between servers over network), DigaBurn, and the BCS (Broadcast System) can easily be integrated
- Modernized user interface integration into Windows 8 / 10 environments and suitable to DAVID Audio Editors Version 7
- Option for Video-Integration, incl. embedded Video Player
- Visualized Audio content via new MultiRec Player with embedded waveform representation
- High DPI awareness by supporting configured desktop zoom factor
- Database support: SQL with ODBC interface (MS SQL-Server, MySQL, Access DB, Oracle, etc.).
- Separation of the database into various tables and categories supported
- Support for multi-server architecture
The DBM Window
For launching Database Manager double-click on the Database Manager icon or the DigaLoad icon on the Desktop and you will get following window with its layout and functions described below. To login to DBM you click the Login / Logout button and enter your Username and Password.
The Window's Areas
The window's areas' functions are listed here with links to further explanations:
The menu bar shows the available Database Manager menus which can be selected.
The tool bar contains a range of commonly-used functions assigned to buttons.
TABLES contain entries. If a table is selected, its entries appear in the ENTRIES area.
The ENTRIES area is the home of all the entries in a selected table. Entries can be sorted with filters and groups, found with the search bar and deleted.
MULTI TABLE SEARCH
Entries can be organised into various groups by the user. The content of a selected group is displayed in the MULTI TABLE SEARCH area.
In order to search for one or several particular entries the ENTRIES list can be restricted by applying particular search filter criteria. Various options are available.
User-defined functionality assigned to coloured buttons.
|Status bar||The status bar gives information about actually logged in user, database, table, number of entries, number of selected entries, and applied filter|
By clicking the right mouse button inside the window areas TABLES, FILTERS, ENTRIES, or MULTI TABLE SEARCH, the Database Manager offers context menus as an alternative way of accessing the menu functionality. Only menu options available in the respective context are shown. Please, c.f. sections Context Menu in
Hiding and Expanding Areas
Both the TABLES area and the FILTERS area can be hidden for better view of the ENTRIES area.
- Click the [<<] button on the top right corner of either tab. Each area minimizes to a vertical panel bar.
- To expand the areas, click on the vertical panel bar.