Connecting DPE with DigaSystem
Step 1 - Connecting with DigaSystem Parameter Files
DPE uses the parameter files of DigaSystem for parameter configuration and rights management. These files are found via settings in the Windows Registry. If the DigaSystem is installed this registry entry is created automatically. Otherwise proceed with the following steps:
Access the Windows Registry via regedit.exe and open/create the following key:
- Win XP and later (32bit): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ DAVID\Registry
- Win XP and later (64bit): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node\ DAVID\Registry
Enter the following keys:
- Global0=\DIGAS.PAR This keys refers to the Global Settings that are stored in the file DIGAS.PAR.
- Local0=\*.PAR This key refers to the Local Settings that are stored in a file that is generally named like the according computer name (e.g. PC123.PAR). Entering a * means the parameter file with the right computer name is automatically used.
- Rights0=\RIGHTS.PAR This keys refers to the Rights Management that is stored in the file RIGHTS.PAR.
IMPORTANT: In the DigaSystem Administrator the RIGHTS.PAR path can be directly linked to the GLOBAL.PAR, which makes an own Rights entry unnecessary. For DPE this Rights key must exist in the Windows Registry, otherwise DPE will not work! Creating such an entry will not affect the DigaSystem configuration.
- User0= This key refers not to a single parameter file but a whole directory where all the user files are stored (e.g. User.PAR).
You can add additional sets of parameter keys by increasing the number in the key name (e.g. Global1). Such a backup set will be used if the parameter files of the 0-set are not available.
Step 2 - Connecting with DigaSystem Databases
- Only MSSQL, MySQL and Oracle databases are currently supported!
- Make sure a valid set of DigaSystem parameter files is accessible in Windows Registry.
Access the parameter folder of the Database you want to include under Registry|Digas|Database|…| (create the folder, if it does not exist yet).
The following parameters have to be defined for any type of database:
|Catalog=[Database Catalog]||Enter the database catalog of the database server you want to use. The value will be the name of the database.|
Communicates with DPE which DigaSystem DB version is used. Currently the versions 4 and 5 can be set as values. If this parameter is not entered, its default value “4” will indicate that a V4 database is being used.
Setting the parameter value higher than the actual database version can result in loss of metadata!
|Server=[hostname]||Enter the host and instance name of the database you want to use or the according IP address.|
|ServerType||This parameter’s value has to be defined according to the database you want to connect to (see below).|
|User||The user identification. If set to "*" the integrated Windows Authentication of DPE Application Pool Credentials will be used as login.|
|Password||The corresponding user password|
2.1 MS SQL DATABASES
To connect to a MS SQL Database you need this additional parameter:
2.2 MYSQL DATABASES
To connect to a mySQL Database you need this additional parameter:
- Server should be set to the IP address of the MySQL Server. If you want to specify a port different from the default port 3306 (and assuming the IP address is a.b.c.d) do it like:
2.3 ORACLE DATABASES
To configure an Oracle Database/Table for DPE access you additionally have to set the parameters:
- “Server" with the special syntax needed for Oracle e.g. “(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=)(PORT=)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))” This string is quite static; HOST, SID and Port number (default 1521) can vary for each Oracle server. This information can be taken for example from your Oracle config file “tnsnames.ora”
<ODBC Connection Name> =(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = <Server Name>)(PORT = <Port number>))) (CONNECT_DATA =(SID = <SID Value>)(SERVER = DEDICATED)))
Step 3 - Configuration of DPE Applications
For detailed configuration descriptions of the different DPE applications, please refer to the DPE Admin manuals.