In order to install the DPE Server the following minimal prerequisites are necessary:
- OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 or higher, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
- Microsoft SQL Server (Express) 2008/2012/2014
- Microsoft IIS 7 or higher (including .NET Extensibility & ASP.NET); For using WebSocket functionality in DPE at least IIS 8.0 is required
- Registered .NET (Runtime) 4.0 for ASP.NET in IIS, when registration is broken you can use the command “aspnet_regiis -i”
- Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 Framework or higher
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- A Windows user account with the right to create IIS applications
- Either windows credentials or SQL server credentials for creating a database
- A valid DigaSystem registry configuration in the Windows registry in order to find the parameter files (if none exists default parameter files will be locally created). Parameter file locations in Windows registry must be specified as UNC paths.
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Redistributable (installed by DPE Setup)
As long as the minimal requirements are met, 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the OS/components are supported.
If ASP.Net registration is broken:
ASP.NET in IIS: This command installs the ASP.NET version that is associated with the version of the ASP.NET IIS Registration tool that you are using, and updates existing ASP.NET applications. It also switches the DefaultAppPool and the Classic .NET AppPool applications pools to use the .NET Framework 4 CLR. Aspnet_regiis.exe is installed in the Microsoft.NET Framework directory. For .NET Framework 4, the command can be found here:
32-bit systems %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
64-bit systems %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319