Individual Entries are located inside Tables, following a database structure. For information on searching, sorting and filtering entries, please see the Finding Entries section.
Tables are created by administrators. They define which users have the rights to access, write and delete tables.
All available tables are listed in the TABLES list. The table whose entries are currently displayed in the ENTRIES area is highlighted.
The TABLES list shows the columns:
|S||selected for Multi-Table-Search|
|Table||Physical (real) table name|
Corresponding database name
User right: Read table content
User right: Open entry content
User right: Create entries
User right: Edit entries
User right: Align tables*
User right: Soft delete entries
User right: Erase entries
* "Align tables" means read out mobile tables (e.g. stored on removable devices such as USB sticks). When reconnected the rights allow the user to update the content display.
Re-Arranging Table Columns
You can simply change the layout of the TABLES area to fit your needs for a better overview:
- Re-arrange TABLES columns by dragging a column title to its desired position, or
- Change the width of a column by dragging the separator between two column titles.
- Click on a table to view its entries and use the arrow keys to navigate between tables.
You can configure DBM to open a specific table immediately after user logon: Open the Settings dialog (main menu → Program → Settings...) and go to the "View" tab where you find the "Initial table" combo box.
The color in which a table name is printed indicates its state of availability: blue for "not connected", green for "connected". Other colors are explained elsewhere.
Selecting a Table Group
Table Groups are used to filter tables. Table groups are a feature which must be enabled by your administrator. A drop-down menu appears shows available Table Groups. In addition, a generic "All" group allows you to access all tables which are available to you.
- To display only tables from a certain table group: Select the table group from the drop down menu (e.g. "Local" in the screenshot below).
Filtering for Tables
With the filter field, you can display only those tables, whose name contains the filter term ("Local" in the screenshot below). The filter is applied immediately while you type, and works case-insensitively. To clear the filter, delete all characters from the filter field.
The multi-table search allows to search for table entries across several tables.
- Click on the Multi-Table Search button to activate this type of search.
- When multi-table search is active, the list of tables displays an additional column "S(election)". This column displays a magnifier glass for each table that takes part in the multi-table search. Toggle the magnifier on or off by clicking into the "S" column.
For details on multi-table search, see Finding Entries.
Click the right mouse button in a row of the list of tables to display a pop-up menu.
|Info||Opens the Table Info Dialog **TODO Blind Link**|
Disconnects from the current table in the database.
|Edit Definitions||Opens a dialog where the values of entry mask fields can be edited, deleted or created (equivalent to menu option Database - Edit Definitions c.f. The Menu Bar)|
When multi-table search is active, this item selects or deselects the table for multi-table search. This is equivalent to clicking into the "S" column.
|Zoom||A sub menu lets you choose among several zoom factors which can be applied to the list of tables-|